Students entering our PhD program will receive an annual stipend over $26,000 with a full tuition waiver.
UT pays for health insurance for qualified GTAs/GRAs. Spouses and dependents may be covered by Student Health Insurance, but are not eligible for treatment at the Student Health Services.
- Buehler Fellowships
- Graduate Diversity Enhancement Fellowships
- Lori Mayer Re-Entry Women’s Graduate Fellowships
- J. Wallace & Katie Dean Graduate Fellowships
- Program for Excellence & Equity in Research (PEER)
The Department will work with suitable candidates to nominate them for the above fellowships.
Departmental Awards and Fellowships for Current Grad Students
- Burchfield Burridge Warner Graduate Fellowship in Chemistry
- Carol Moulton ACGS Service Award
- Chancellor’s Honors -Extraordinary Professional Promise
- C.W. Kennan Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award
- D.A. Shirley Graduate Award in Organic Chemistry
- East Tennessee Section, ACS, Graduate Fellow
- Eugene John Barber Fellowship in Chemistry
- First Year Acheivement Awards
- Gleb Mamantov Graduate Chemistry Scholar
- Graduate Award for Acheivement in Inorganic Chemistry
- International Center of Materials Research, Summer Appointment
- J.C. and Ruth Burger Award in Analytical Chemistry
- Jerome Eastham Graduate Fellowship
- JINS Fellowships
- Judson Hall Robertson Graduate Award in Analytical Chemistry
- Outstanding Teaching Awards
- Outstanding Service Awards
- SAAS Outstanding T.A. Chemistry Award
The above awards and fellowships are awarded each year during Honor’s Day.