Students entering our PhD program will receive an annual stipend over $26,000 with a full tuition waiver.
UT pays for health insurance for qualified GTAs/GRAs. Spouses and dependents may be covered by Student Health Insurance, but are not eligible for treatment at the Student Health Services.
Click to see details of health insurance offered by UT
- Buehler Fellowships
- Graduate Diversity Enhancement Fellowships
- Lori Mayer Re-Entry Women’s Graduate Fellowships
- J. Wallace & Katie Dean Graduate Fellowships
- Program for Excellence & Equity in Research (PEER)
The Department will work with suitable candidates to nominate them for the above fellowships.
Departmental Awards and Fellowships for Current Grad Students
- Burchfield Burridge Warner Graduate Fellowship in Chemistry
- Carol Moulton ACGS Service Award
- Chancellor’s Honors -Extraordinary Professional Promise
- C.W. Kennan Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award
- D.A. Shirley Graduate Award in Organic Chemistry
- East Tennessee Section, ACS, Graduate Fellow
- Eugene John Barber Fellowship in Chemistry
- First Year Acheivement Awards
- Gleb Mamantov Graduate Chemistry Scholar
- Graduate Award for Acheivement in Inorganic Chemistry
- International Center of Materials Research, Summer Appointment
- J.C. and Ruth Burger Award in Analytical Chemistry
- Jerome Eastham Graduate Fellowship
- JINS Fellowships
- Judson Hall Robertson Graduate Award in Analytical Chemistry
- Outstanding Teaching Awards
- Outstanding Service Awards
- SAAS Outstanding T.A. Chemistry Award
The above awards and fellowships are awarded each year during Honor’s Day.
Assistantship and other Funding Sources provided by the Graduate School