Students enrolled in the B.S. in Chemistry curriculum who fulfill all of the requirements set forth below will be designated as Melaven-Rhenium Scholars. The department offers financial assistance typically of at least $400 per semester.
To apply for the scholarship, please complete the Melaven-Rhenium Scholarship application form.
1. The student must be enrolled in the B.S. in Chemistry curriculum during the semester he/she receives aid and must carry at least 14 semester hours of required credit for the B.S. in Chemistry degree.
2. The student shall have been enrolled in the B.S. in Chemistry curriculum during the semester prior to receiving aid. (Except co-op students who shall have been enrolled in the B.S. in Chemistry curriculum prior to the semester in which they co-op, or students that were enrolled in
the B.S. in Chemistry curriculum during a Spring semester, but who were not in attendance during the Summer term.)
3. The student must have achieved a grade point average of 3.60 or higher (based on all courses) for the last previous semester in attendance at UT and such point average computation shall include at least 14 semester hours of subject matter, which may include a maximum of 3 semester hours of course work taken for pass-fail credit required for the B.S. in Chemistry degree.
4. No student shall be eligible for Melaven-Rhenium Fund financial aid whose overall, all-time university grade point average is less than 3.40, regardless of his/her grade point average for any given semester.
5. A transfer student, in addition to meeting the requirements, shall have completed one semester at UT in the B.S. in Chemistry curriculum before he/she becomes eligible for Melaven-Rhenium Fund aid.
6. In the event that more students qualify for aid than the available funds can finance, preference shall be given to senior, juniors, sophomores and freshmen in the order named.
7. No student shall receive aid from the above source for more than seven semesters.