After graduating from the UT Chemistry Undergraduate Program, you can:
- Enter the work force as chemists in industry and government
- Traditional jobs: synthetic chemist, medicinal chemist, polymer chemist, materials scientist, analytical chemist, geochemist, and the like. With specific concentration of study, you may also become a cement chemist, packing technologist, ethnobotanist, paleoclimatologist, astrobiologist, forensic scientist, or fragrance formulator. *
- Non-traditional jobs: science writers, environmental and patent attorneys, technical writers, software designers, restaurant test kitchen researchers, information specialists, government policy analysts, etc.*
- Proceed into careers as secondary school teachers: VolsTeach program.
- Gain admission into one of the best chemistry graduate programs in the country.
- Pursue studies in the health professions and law.