The university offers a number of resources to help students succeed in their first year of study and beyond. There are support services available for academic success, physical and emotional wellbeing, and more. Visit the Academic Success Center and talk with your advisor for additional information.
Good study habits can make the difference to success in all your classes, including chemistry. It’s important to actively engage with the material. Reading and rereading is not enough.
- Create your own practice quiz.
- Reframe the information in your notes in your own words.
- Practice explaining the material as if you were teaching it.
- Know when and where you focus best.
- Eliminate as many distractions as possible.
- Study the material multiple times throughout the semester, not just before a test.
- Practice recalling as much of the material as possible without looking at your notes. Spend extra time with anything you missed.
- Take advantage of the Vol Study Center
- Check out these Vol Success Tips
The Division of Student Success is a great resource for support and advice for academic success.
As a UT student, you also have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online video training platform with supplemental instruction in a number of areas. The university’s Office of Information Technology has curated a LinkedIn Learning student success playlist.
Health and Wellness
Taking care of yourself is an important part of being successful in your classes and beyond. UT provides a number of services to support the physical and mental wellbeing of all students. Reminder: if you miss a lab, please submit the Lab Excused Absence Form the week you are out.