Today the Chemistry Department hosted a reception to welcome 6 students participating in 2012 Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP).
The students will be working with chemistry faculty members and graduate students for 10 weeks this summer to gain the research experience and skills necessary for their future career and furthur education in the field of chemistry.
Particpating students are provided with free housing, travel allowance, and a stipend.
2012 Participants are:
- Kevin Robb from Truman State University will work in Professor Best’s lab
- Michael Hyatt from Murray State University will work in Professor Long’s lab
- Joseph Adedigba from Fisk University will work in Professor Zhao’s lab
- Lisa Kichner from Missouri State University will work in Professor Camden’s lab
- Rachel Mulder from Georgia Southern University will work in Professor Mays’ lab
- Caleb Swain from Georgia Southern University will work in Professor Campagna’s lab